Administrative Assistant- Laguna Hills- Temporarily Remote
Position will be remote until return to work dates have been established.
Braille Institute of America, Inc. is a private, NGO that positively transforms the lives of those with vision
loss. Join our team and have real impact by helping more than 37,000 people of all ages who are blind or
visually impaired maintain their independence, learn new skills and lead fulfilling lives. All of our services
are free of charge and offered at our 7 Southern California centers, as well as remotely through online
classes and teleservices. We are looking for someone who has a passion to serve, enjoys mission-driven
work and thrives in a teamwork culture.
We currently are seeking a full time Administrative Assistant at our Los Angeles Center.
This position is responsible for:
• Performs general administrative duties for child development and national programs.
• Gathers and prepares reports on department information as requested by management.
• Proofreads, prints and distributes correspondence, timelines, table and graphs presentations and
reports using computer software.
• Creates and maintains current and accurate files and records for the department by auditing and
updating information in files and on computer software.
• Orders and receives supplies for the department as requested and monitors inventory of
• Prepares, tracks and closes purchase orders.
Support for both child development and national programs department establishing a schedule to meet
the needs of both departments
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Strong knowledge of administrative support services is desirable.
• Working knowledge of standard office computer software required.
• The ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks promptly and accurately is needed.
• Good customer service skills are essential.
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Braille Institute is an equal opportunity employer (EEOC). We offer an excellent environment and a
comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience Level: 1-3 Years