Wednesday, October 13 | How to Do Business with the State of CA DGS
The California state government spends approximately $10 billion annually on goods, services, and public works.
Do you own or work for a small business? Are you interested in expanding your client base? Perhaps you should look into the government sector. The State of California does business with numerous Small Businesses (SB) throughout the state, buying products and services in IT, construction, temporary labor, and even pencils.
The state’s Department of General Services (DGS) Procurement Division (PD) is the central purchasing authority for all state departments, agencies, institutions, community colleges, technical institutes, and city or local boards of education.
This Seminar covers:
- Registering your business with eProcurement. This allows suppliers to upload bids/proposals in response to application online solicitations.
- Becoming a Certified Small Business (SB) or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE).
- Accessing the California State Contractors Register (CSCR) which connects you to government solicitations, providing an easy-to-use, on-line publication
- Becoming a California Multiple Award Schedules (CMAS) Contractor.
- State and local government agencies shop and compare CMAS for the best value, product, and services, and place orders directly with these businesses
- Marketing your business to State Agencies
Wednesday, October 20 | I’m Certified, Now What?
Attend this webinar to learn how to pursue contract opportunities with the state of California once your business has a Small Business or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise certification. Featuring a live Q&A, get answers to your questions and learn how to maximize your contract opportunities with the state.
- Find bid opportunities
- Improve your Cal eProcure profile
- Conduct market research
- Contact an advocate
- Commercially Useful Function
Wednesday, October 27 | Contracting with CA State Government
This webinar is tailored for certified small businesses who are registered on Cal eProcure and looking to expand business opportunities and work with the State of California.
- Acquisition methods
- Contract opportunities
- Existing state contracts
- Contracts exempt from advertising
- Do’s and Don’ts of Bidding
- Commercially useful function
You will receive a link to join this webinar the day before.